none
How to get DocumentProperties through javascript in Office Apps 2013 RRS feed

• Question

•        I need to get DocumentProperties like author,title,subject etc.. through javascript in 2013 Office apps... Also I need to modify this properties.. How do I get it and How do I modify it?
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 4:09 AM

Answers

• Hi shaji_mm,

>> I need to get DocumentProperties like author,title,subject etc.. through javascript in 2013 Office apps... Also I need to modify this properties.. How do I get it and How do I modify it?

Do you want to get the filed property of the Word? If so, I will recommend you use the CustomXmlParts object (JavaScript API for Office). The “Doc properties” is provided in XML form in the CustomXMLParts object collection.

You could use the CustomXmlPart.getXmlAsync method to get the value. The link below shows details:

# CustomXmlPart.getXmlAsync method (JavaScript API for Office)
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/fp161103.aspx

I have checked the CustomXmlPart API, and I did not find the method to modify the DocumentProperties.
    I am afraid that you could not modify it.

If this is a feature you want to include in future versions of Office Javascript API, I suggest you submitting a feedback on Office Development Platform User Voice​.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 27, 2015 9:57 AM