none
reducing cpu and resource usage by HD face when no body tracked RRS feed

• Question

• I want to reduce HDFace CPU/resource usage when I'm not tracking a *body*. If I do the following when a body is lost...

m_pHDFaceFrameSources[iFace]->put_TrackingId(0);

Will that shutdown/reduce CPU usage used by that frame source and all child readers and resources?
    I am using polling via IHighDefinitionFaceFrameReader::AcquireLatestFrame() and not subscribing to HDFaceReader events.
    Or will I get additional savings by using:

IHighDefinitionFaceFrameSource::put_IsOnline(0)
    *and/or*
    IHighDefinitionFaceFrameReader::put_IsPaused(1)

While keeping in mind that once I do again track a body, I will want to re-enable the HDface tracking on the related source and its children.

--Dale

• Edited by Dale Phurrough Tuesday, November 18, 2014 1:07 AM added via polling
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 12:42 AM

All replies

• You should follow the pattern of the SDK where pausing the reader, but if there are changes in the body tracking id's, then you will get into some odd states. You would probably need to reset all the tracking id's when you resume. I guess this would be no different with setting id to 0, but in that case it may still be doing some processing. I will try to get some guidance if different, but try both and see if you see any difference in CPU utilization for the process.

You can use Process Monitor to help monitor. Is your concern mainly CPU or memory/cpu?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 12:09 AM