Some of Biztalk File Receive Locations keep Disabling intermittently RRS feed

• Question

• HI

Our BizTalk 2013 R2 environment is on a Windows 2012 server. We are getting the following error in the event log: 

Error in Event log:
    Event ID:      5649
    Description: The receive location "ReceiveLocation.FILE" with URL "\\FileServer\ReceiveFolder\*.*" is shutting down. Details:"The FILE receive location \\FileServer\ReceiveFolder\*.* exhausted the network retry attempts. ".

We have checked the following:
    - Ensured that the specified path or share exists.
    - Ensured that the account used as the Logon has read and write permissions

This is intermittent but keeps happening. Could anyone suggest a reliable solution to this problem please?

Many thanks

manibest

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 10:18 AM

Answers

• If the network share is unavailable for some time then it will disable the receive location as BizTalk keeps polling continuously but in that case you should see a warning at least and then error in eventlog. Can you give more details like BTS version and specifics about the situation when it gets disabled and how frequently you see this.

ELSE

Please try following link.

http://geekswithblogs.net/markw/archive/2006/09/14/91175.aspx

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, October 21, 2015 5:46 AM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 2:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I've found the following information in how to solve the issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/952556

http://biztalkadmin.com/retry-exhausted-error-code-5649-in-biztalk/

It seems that with some registry settings the issue is solved.

Regards.

When an answer is helpful, please vote as helpful, propose as answer and/or mark as answer

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 10:27 AM
  • The error you are showing us from your Event Log is the last error before the Receive Location actually shuts down.

Please examine any errors/warnings immediately before this error.

Also make sure that the user running the Host Instance has sufficient access credentials to the folder (read and write is not enough, you need to provide it full access or:

-Read

-Write

-Modify

- "Delete Sub Folders and Files" (Found under Advanced Security)

Morten la Cour

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 11:09 AM
  •  exhausted the network retry attempts. ".

You need to keep an eye on the actual network connection between the BizTalk Server and the target.

Is it always the same computer?  Do folders on other computers continue to work normally?

How often does this happen?

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 12:01 PM
  • HI Ohawari

I am unable to find the two parameters at the said regedit location in biztalk server computer. I went to ../LanmanServer as well as ../LanmanWorkstation folders but the parameters are not there.

manibest

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 1:16 PM
  • HI La Cour,

I am sorry for writing only Read and Write permissions initially. By that I meant "full control". Biztalk host instance user has full control over these folders and all receive and send locations for all applications.

I have checked and can confirm that there are no warnings related to the receive locations before this error occured.

Regards

manibest

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 1:36 PM
  • Did you check the security rights AND the share rights of the receive location?

Set both on Full Acces to test if that will fix your issue. If it does work with full acces/full control you can start limiting the acces rights.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 1:01 PM
  • If the network share is unavailable for some time then it will disable the receive location as BizTalk keeps polling continuously but in that case you should see a warning at least and then error in eventlog. Can you give more details like BTS version and specifics about the situation when it gets disabled and how frequently you see this.

ELSE

Please try following link.

http://geekswithblogs.net/markw/archive/2006/09/14/91175.aspx

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, October 21, 2015 5:46 AM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 2:15 PM