Performance Monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• What tools can be suggested to identify how long a group of method's are taking to complete?  I have a large math calculation engine that calls multiple classes.  I need to track down which ones are the highest cost of time.

Any tips you can recommend?

Thanks for the help.

Friday, June 10, 2011 1:44 AM

Answers

• The StopWatch class provides a timer that you can start, stop, read and reset in your code. I use that if I want to time how long a piece of code takes.
    • Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Friday, June 10, 2011 5:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Feng Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:16 AM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 1:54 AM
  • @Blackwood, in .Net a Timer is a something which throws an event, so in my idea next time better to describe it in your own words as a class which measures the elapsed time

StopWatch

Surfing contest timing system for surf board, long board, body board, knee board and wave ski contests as recommended by the ASP.

Timer

Success
    Cor
    • Marked as answer by Mike Feng Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:17 AM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 5:38 AM

All replies

• The StopWatch class provides a timer that you can start, stop, read and reset in your code. I use that if I want to time how long a piece of code takes.
    • Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Friday, June 10, 2011 5:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Feng Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:16 AM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 1:54 AM
  • @Blackwood, in .Net a Timer is a something which throws an event, so in my idea next time better to describe it in your own words as a class which measures the elapsed time

StopWatch

Surfing contest timing system for surf board, long board, body board, knee board and wave ski contests as recommended by the ASP.

Timer

Success
    Cor
    • Marked as answer by Mike Feng Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:17 AM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 5:38 AM
  • Thanks for both of your help!
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:20 AM