Why does the settings content has to be white?

Question

• The UX guidelines for settings content describe that it should be white, no matter what other colour theme the app has. Why that restriction?

Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:25 AM

All replies

• If i'm not wrong, if you don´t respect it your applications fails in certification process.

Maybe they want a consistence layout.

Sara Silva

Friday, October 12, 2012 10:35 PM
  • its not in the certification requirements (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694083.aspx) so you can choose to dont follow the guideline, but of course that not smart, those guideliness are useful
    Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:12 PM
  • i tried to find about it, but didn´t find the article i read about fails. But i am not sure.

Sara Silva

Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:14 PM
  • Well, there are so many guidelines MS dismisses in their own apps, that I came to the conclusion they are in no way final. Only time will tell what is good to use and the guidelines will change - naturally. Take the app bar commands. Where should global and selection based commands be placed according to the UX guidelines? And now open the MSFT apps and verify that ;)

So if that is going to fail the app cert process it would be pretty ridiculous.

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:06 AM