none
Changing font color view in Task Usage views RRS feed

• Question

• I have just recently implemented Project Server 2010 from 2007.  I have had several complaints from my users about the light gray color font in the usage tables (yellow tables on right hand side of the usage view.  My color blind folks say they can't see it at all. I have not been successful finding if I can change that font in the Enterprise Global.  Does anyone know if this can be done?

Appreciate the help.  dt

DebbieTad
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:44 PM

Answers

• Debbie --

No, you CANNOT change the font used in this view in the Enterprise Global. Furthermore, if you actually applied the Task Usage view while you had the Enterprise Global file opened, you have just introduced "pollution" into the Enterprise Global file, which will trigger an error message for your PMs every time they try to open an enterprise project.  To remove the pollution, you will need to open the Enterprise Global file and use the Organizer dialog to delete the Task Usage view and the task Usage table as well.  Save and close the Enterprise Global file, and check it in.  Then exit Microsoft Project 2010 and relaunch the software.  This will stop the error messages for your PMs when they open an enterprise project.

The easiest way for your color blind PMs to change the Task Usage view for better readability would be to do the following:

1.  Open an enterprise project and then apply the Task Usage view.
    2.  Click the Format tab to display the Format ribbon.
    3.  Click the Add Details button in the Details section of the Format ribbon.
    4.  In the Detail Styles dialog, select all of the items on the right side of the dialog EXCEPT for the All Assignment Rows item.
    5.  With those items selected, click the Cell Background pick list and and then select the More Colors item.
    6.  On the Standard page of the Colors dialog, select a light yellow color and then click the OK button.

I think this will make it easier to read the numbers for tasks in the timephased grid part of the Task Usage view.  If this color change helps, your PMs should click File > Organizer to open the Organizer dialog.  They should select the Task Usage view on the right side of the dialog and then click the Copy button to copy it to their Global.mpt file.  When prompted to overwrite the existing view, they should click the Yes button.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:21 PM