none
WCF LOB SAP Adapter 3.0, VS 2005 crashes when connecting to SAP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am having strange problems with the WCF SAP 3.0 Adapter.

I start Visual Studio and chose the Consuming Adapter Services from my project. The SAP binding information is entered together with the credentials. When I press Connect in Visual Studio it crashes and closes all its windows. The Event log does not report any errors about the crashed Visual Studio 2005 session.

To investigate further I installed an MSI with its bindings that send IDOC to an SAP system. When starting the receicve and Send port the Host restarts each 120 seconds with the following error in the system, event log.

The BizTalk Service BizTalk Group : SAPHost service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The problems occures both when running the SAP adapter under 32 or 64 bit Host. We have seen this problem on another machine that only uses 32 bit environment.

The server I am using is having the following configuration:

Windows 2003 X64 version

BizTalk 2006 R2 X64

BizTalk WCF LOB SDK SP1 X64

BizTalk Adapter Pack 1.0 X64 and X32

SAP RFC SDK x64 and x32 dll installed in System32 and SysWOW64

Please, has anybody had this problem?

Regard

Monday, April 28, 2008 8:24 AM

Answers

• Hi!

Thanks for the hint. I am using SAP RFC 7.10 Unicode version. The problem with Visual Studio 2005 is crashing and terminating in runtime design or that the BizTalk Host Terminates unexpectdedly is caused by missing SAP dllTongue Tied.

Youe need to do the follwing when installing the SAP RFC SDK Unicode DllTongue Tied:

32-bit environment

Copy the Librfc32u.dll från the \BIN directory to Windows\System32 directory.

Copy all DLL files from the \LIB directory to the Windows\System32 directory.

64-bit environment

SAP RFC SDK Unicode 7.10 - 64-bit version

SAP RFC SDK Unicode 7.10 - 32-bit version

Copy the Librfc32u.dll från the \BIN directory to Windows\SysWOW64 directory.

Copy all DLL files from the \LIB directory to the Windows\SysWOW64 directory.

In a 64 bit environment you will to install both the 64-bit and 32-bit version of the BizTalk Adapter Pack 1.0 if you plan to use BizTalk Administration Console or Visual Studio 2005 in runtime configuration.

Might be a good idea to update the Installation documentation for the adapter pack by specifying which files should be copied.

Regard

RL

Monday, April 28, 2008 4:54 PM

All replies

• Hi!

Did you try the app present at http://blogs.msdn.com/adapters/archive/2007/10/05/validating-sap-client-libraries.aspx?

Also, you're using the Unicode version of the libraries, right? http://blogs.msdn.com/adapters/archive/2007/10/07/obtaining-the-rfc-sdk-unicode-libraries-from-sap-service-marketplace.aspx

Can you try running the dependency walker tool againt Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.SAPGInvoker.dll, and checking whether all required dlls are present? http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Also, which version of the RFC SDK (Unicode) did you install? 6.4 / 7.0 / 7.1? Can you try switching versions and seeing if that helps?

Mustansir
    Monday, April 28, 2008 3:21 PM
  • Hi!

Thanks for the hint. I am using SAP RFC 7.10 Unicode version. The problem with Visual Studio 2005 is crashing and terminating in runtime design or that the BizTalk Host Terminates unexpectdedly is caused by missing SAP dllTongue Tied.

Youe need to do the follwing when installing the SAP RFC SDK Unicode DllTongue Tied:

32-bit environment

64-bit environment

SAP RFC SDK Unicode 7.10 - 64-bit version

SAP RFC SDK Unicode 7.10 - 32-bit version

Copy the Librfc32u.dll från the \BIN directory to Windows\SysWOW64 directory.

Copy all DLL files from the \LIB directory to the Windows\SysWOW64 directory.

In a 64 bit environment you will to install both the 64-bit and 32-bit version of the BizTalk Adapter Pack 1.0 if you plan to use BizTalk Administration Console or Visual Studio 2005 in runtime configuration.

Might be a good idea to update the Installation documentation for the adapter pack by specifying which files should be copied.

Regard

RL

Monday, April 28, 2008 4:54 PM