App failed Windows App Certification Kit 3.1 due to SQLite References RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to get my app to pass the Windows App Certification Kit 3.1 utility test. It has been failing with the following error message:

•Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:

◦API _CrtDbgReportW in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API _CrtSetCheckCount in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API __CppXcptFilter in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API __clean_type_info_names_internal in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API __crtTerminateProcess in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API __crtUnhandledException in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API __dllonexit in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API __iob_func in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API _amsg_exit in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API _calloc_dbg in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API _crt_debugger_hook in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API _except_handler4_common in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API _free_dbg in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API _initterm in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API _initterm_e in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API _localtime64_s in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API _lock in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API _malloc_dbg in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API _onexit in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API _unlock in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API _wassert in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API fflush in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API fprintf in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API free in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API malloc in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API memcmp in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API memcpy in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API memmove in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API memset in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API printf in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API qsort in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API strcmp in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API strlen in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.
    ◦API strncmp in msvcr110d.dll is not supported for this application type. sqlite3.dll calls this API.

•Impact if not fixed:  Using an API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Windows Store apps violates the Windows Store certification requirements.

•How to fix:  Review the error messages to identify the API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Windows Store apps. Please note, C++ apps that are built in a debug configuration will fail this test even if it only uses APIs from the Windows SDK for Windows Store apps. See the link below for more information:

I tried following the advice in this message: about including an additional project into my solution, and referencing the VC and SQLite components from the new project, while having the code from my main project, reference SQLite indirectly through the new project. This hasn't worked. Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem? Thank you.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:23 PM

Answers

• My problem was that I was running the Windows App Certification Kit 3.1 utility directly, rather than from the wizard you encounter, when you select the Store | Create App Package menu item, in the Visual Studio 2012 IDE. I corrected my mistake, and I was able to pass the test, and upload my app. Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by PDoug Friday, December 13, 2013 12:15 AM
    Friday, December 13, 2013 12:15 AM

All replies

• msvcr110d.dll is the debug version of the runtime and suggests that you have a debug build of the SQLite component. You'll need a release build.

--Rob

Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:52 PM
  • In the following folder, there are Debug and Release folders containing respective app packages for my app. I believe the Windows App Certification Kit 3.1 utility is choking on the contents in the Debug folder. I'm going to delete the Debug folders in the \x86 and \x64 directories, and rerun the utility and see what happens. Thanks for your insight.

C:\Users\patmo_000\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Envelope Printer\Envelope Printer\bin\x86

• Edited by PDoug Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:30 PM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:28 PM
  • My problem was that I was running the Windows App Certification Kit 3.1 utility directly, rather than from the wizard you encounter, when you select the Store | Create App Package menu item, in the Visual Studio 2012 IDE. I corrected my mistake, and I was able to pass the test, and upload my app. Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by PDoug Friday, December 13, 2013 12:15 AM
    Friday, December 13, 2013 12:15 AM