none
Changing InfoPath browser mode RRS feed

• Question

• I'm wondering if there is a way to make Infopath render forms using the latest IE browser mode available on the system.

We make use of the UI.ShowModalDialog function in our InfoPath forms, to show pages from our web application and get a returnValue back from them.

However, we are now running into issues with standards mode compliance of the InfoPath modal dialog window.  Some testing showed that although the IE engine used in this dialog is the latest (i.e. the UserAgent string matches that of IE9 / IE10), but the browser mode is always IE8 (document.documentMode).

This means that some of the latest CSS and Javascript is not available to us on these pages, despite the fact that the user's browser does support these features, and also means that the user does not get the same experience from InfoPath as they do in the web application.

I have tried forcing InfoPath to use the latest browser mode available to it, by setting the RegKey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION\INFOPATH.exe value to 9999 or the equivalent for IE10.  However, this makes the main InfoPath view completely unresponsive, prevents images from loading and displaying, etc.

Are there any other ways that we could go about ensuring that the browser mode of the modal dialog is the latest mode available on the client's system?

Friday, May 10, 2013 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 13, 2013 12:40 PM
  • Is there any answer yet for this?
    Monday, September 21, 2015 3:14 PM