Could not load file or assembly C1.Silverlight, Version 4.0....... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Visual Studio 2012 with Lightswitch.  I had to do a few re-installs as I wanted to migrate my solution to 2013/2015.  this did not work and I uninstalled VS 2015/2013.

I now receive the following error even-though I have reinstalled Visual Studio 2012 various times:

"could not load file or assembly C1.Silverlight, Version 4.0"

I receive this error when I try to Run my app.

Ps. I have also tried to uninstall and re-install Silverlight SDK.  

The error now reads: 

Could not load file or assembly C1.Silverlight.Toolbar, Version 4.0.20122.260, Culture=.......

PLEASE HELP.

Sunday, November 12, 2017 7:09 AM

All replies

• "Please make sure that "C1.Silverlight.RichTextBox.Toolbar.4"
    dll has been added into your project. If it is not, then add it from the following location:

C:\Program Files\ComponentOne\Studio for Silverlight\Bin\v4\C1.Silverlight.RichTextBox.Toolbar.4

Also, please make sure all the references that you have added into your project has the same version. If it is of same version then, you are requested to delete all the references from your project and add these again and re-build your solution, this may remove any conflict from your project regarding the licences."

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:45 AM
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:45 AM
  • Hi Security Issue with Task Schedular,

Since this problem occurs when running your app, please try create a new LightSwitch application with your Visual Studio and then run it to check whether this problem is related to your project or your Visual Studio installation.

If the new project running fine, the problem should be related to your project itself. Please check whether there has any third part tools/controls used in your application, and whether these tools/controls need to installed to your Visual Studio.

If the new project also has this issue, please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 7:00 AM