none
Secure Boot Logo Test failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like a help to get Secure Boot Logo Test passed for my system. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, bios version 0701. Secure Boot is loaded in the BIOS with all the default keys loaded but still failed the test. I tried using other version of BIOS for this board and the result is the same. The failure I have is:

Appreciate if someone can help me. Thank you.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:39 AM

All replies

• This indicates a firmware bug.  This test case simulates a Windows Update.  It's failure indicates that Windows Update will not be service your Secure Boot databases.

Is the motherboard Windows 8 Certified? 

Best Regards, J Cox [Microsoft] “This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:11 PM
  • Looks like it was certified:  https://sysdev.microsoft.com/en-US/Hardware/LogoVerificationReport.aspx?sid=1531593

Set the date on your system back to 9/1/2012 and see if the test passes.  If it does, then this is a known BIOS issue - contact ASUS for an update that has the fix.

Best Regards, J Cox [Microsoft] “This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

• Proposed as answer by JJ Cox Friday, January 18, 2013 4:40 PM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:18 PM
  • Hi JJ,

I also have a problem in this testing. I did what have you suggest but still failed. I read the released note on the previous BIOS version it is noted that the problem on the secure boot is already fixed, is there a problem on my side or there is a configuration needed?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:01 AM
  • Hello Hyasmine,

After setting the clock back, lets say to 07-07-2012, is the failure the same?  0xC0000022 in testcase OutOfBoxAllowCorrectlySignedSetVariable() ?

Perhaps you can attach another screenshot of the failures?

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:11 AM
  • This is the error that got. They are the same error even I change the date.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:48 AM
  • Hi,

I try to change the date on 7/7/12 and 9/1/12. My Secure Boot is Enable and the Platform Key (PKpub), Key Exchange Key (KEK), Signature Database (db), and Blacklisted Signature Database (dbx) are all installed.

This is the error I got.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:56 AM
  • but when I change the on the date today this what I got.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:01 AM
  • Try to update you BIOS then run again the test.
    This is a BIOS bug.  Refer to the UEFI Specification 2.3.1 (latest Errata preferred), Section 7.2 Variable Services.
    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:50 PM
  • Hyasmine,

Felipe is correct, both issues are firmware bugs.  Please contact your system or BIOS vendor for an update.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:46 PM
  • Hi,

I already update my BIOS but on the previous BIOS version there is a released note that indicates that it was already fixed the Secure Boot issue.

Have you solve your error in this test? What configuration did you do?

Thanks

Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:50 AM
  • Hyasmine,

I suggest that you file bugs to your system or BIOS vendor - both issues are firmware bugs, not test bugs.

The failure in test case VerifyBootServicesVariableBehavior() is a violation of the UEFI Specification and a possible security issue.

The failure in test case OutOfBoxAllowCorrectlySignedSetVariable() when the date is greater than October 2012 is a firmware issue processing certificate validity.  This may impact the ability for Windows Update to apply UEFI security updates.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:32 AM