SQL Backup to page blob failing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

• Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (SP3) (KB3072779) - 11.0.6020.0 (X64) 
    • Azure enterprise storage 
    • Ola Hallengren backup latest version 

When backing up a SQL server database to page blob we suddenly getting this error:

The database backup is normally about 15GB and has been backing up fine for weeks.  

I'm just attempting a manual backup now to see if that works. 

The backup code uses Ola Hallengren database backup extended procedure and is called like this: 

Anyone seen this before or have any ideas on why this might be happening? 

Thanks

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 10:51 AM

Answers

• The operative word from the error message appears to be "timeout". Did you investigate connectivity?
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 2:27 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi The real Slartibartfast,

Sounds like connectivity issue to me, could you please ask your network team to verify it?

I’ve also found a similar thread for your reference.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 9:38 AM

All replies

• The operative word from the error message appears to be "timeout". Did you investigate connectivity?
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 2:27 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi The real Slartibartfast,

Sounds like connectivity issue to me, could you please ask your network team to verify it?

I’ve also found a similar thread for your reference.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 9:38 AM