WCF SQL Adapter - Error occurred while configuring the connection uri RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

Name of SQL server which I am using is like ABCD123OS12\SQL1234DEV.

I have read only rights to one of the stored procedures of a database present on the server.

When I configure the server name in WCF SQL Adapter configuration while consuming adapter services,

"Error occurred while configuring the connection uri. Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed."

I tried configuring 'ABCD123OS12' only as a server name. And it works, but when trying to connect to server it gives error :

"Connecting to the LOB system has failed. Login failed for user 'ABC\123'.. "

When I query from ManagementStudio, I get result set returned, which tells that there is no problem in rights. I have no idea of what is going on at the server side.

Please guide me on what I am doing wrong? and how to resolve this error?

• Edited by RVB123 Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:36 PM spelling mistake
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:53 PM

Answers

• I was doing silly mistake..Got solution!

While generating schemas using WCF-SQL Adapter wizard, following error occurs if server name and instance name are not provided separately in Server Name and Instance Name fields under Config Adapter\Uri Properties tab,

"Error occurred while configuring the connection uri. Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed."

Ref. link : http://dotnetizen.blogspot.com/2011/01/fix-error-occurred-while-configuring.html

• Marked as answer by RVB123 Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:30 PM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:29 PM