none
Snipping Tool: missing msdrm.dll RRS feed

• Question

• A new ICE built image including Tablet PC Support. All dependencies met. Deployed on the target and tested. Sticky Notes works, but when I try to run the Snipping Tool I get an error: 'msdrm.dll is missing'.

Anyone else run into this? Isn't this dll Digital Rights Management? Why is that needed?

Just because I can think does not mean I know what I am doing. :)

Friday, March 2, 2012 6:09 PM

All replies

• Try adding Active Directory Rights Management package.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, March 2, 2012 11:53 PM
  • No go. Have had that package in from the start. :(
    Monday, March 5, 2012 11:36 PM
  • Any updates that could cause something to be corrupted? Do you see the file in the image?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, March 5, 2012 11:52 PM
  • Did some more digging. Found that the msdrm.dll is included in the Active Directory Rights Management/Files package. This is a feature package in the security category and is a dependancy of the Tablet package.

In 'Properties | Settings' for this package in ICE, the 'Action' was set to 'Stage'. With this setting the msdrm.dll does not get installed. The issue was corrected by changing the action to 'Install'.

Must have changed it to Stage at some point as the default is Install.

If the ADRM package is not wanted, I found I could leave the package at Stage and simply extract the dll and place a copy into the system32 directory. Did not see any immediate side effects.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:23 PM