none
Linq Queries : Translate Local variable references RRS feed

• Question

• Hello !

I'm using the information from this MSDN Blog :

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mattwar/archive/2007/08/01/linq-building-an-iqueryable-provider-part-iii.aspx

everything works very well except the case when I have a DateTime variable inside the query that I have to translate .

This is my case :

On my database I have the table orders where dt column have Date Type and store only the date.

Now if I have this query :

DateTime dt1 = Convert.ToDateTime("01/01/2012");
        var query = db.Orders.Where(c => c.dt == dt1);

If I try to translate , the returned expression is :

SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM Orders) AS T WHERE (dt = '01/01/2012 12:00:00 AM')

As you can see the translated query contains the time at the end , and my query everytime return no records.

What can I do that in translated query the value to be only the date without the time.?

I try many variants , I format the variable only to date format , but it's the same thing.

Thank you !

• Edited by dcode25 Friday, February 20, 2015 12:23 AM
    Thursday, February 19, 2015 10:16 PM

Answers

• the simpliest solution would be to use the Date-Portion of your DateTime-Object

another Solution would be the ToString method like

c.dt.ToString("MM.dd.YYYY") == dt1.ToString("MM.dd.YYYY")

it may not be exactly like this... but you'll find the right toString method yourself. There is even a toString-Method wich you can pass a CultureInfo-object, but i found the best way for coparing Dates is to provide a const format-string that is used to compare DateTime-Types.

To put in some extra suggar, you could try to override the DateTime-Equal-Operator-Implementation.

Friday, February 20, 2015 8:48 AM