Semantic zoom behavior with scrollviewer?

Question

• I currently have a bunch of grids inside a stackpanel inside a scrollviewer. The user can add more "pages", aka the grids, or take them out.

We have been using my app to do large calculations, and now it's getting to like 50 pages.  This makes it hard to navigate to pages.  Just involves long scrolling.

How do I make it behave like semantic zoom where if I zoom out then a gridview of the pages show up?

In other words, how do I make it behave like the pdf reader that comes with windows 8?

• Edited by RandyPete Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:38 AM
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:36 AM

All replies

• Have you tried using the SemanticZoom control?

If that didn't work for you then please provide details about what you did and in what way it didn't work: how did the actual behavior differ from the desired behavior?

Thursday, April 16, 2015 4:30 AM
    Owner
  • I have.

SemanticZoom.ZoomedInView doesn't allow scrollviewer.  Why is this a problem?  Because I need to be able to zoom in to make the pages bigger.  I only want the zoomedoutview to show when the zoomed out is beyond a certain limit.

In short, how is the pdf reader that comes with windows 8 written?  I want to make my app behave just like that.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 1:59 PM
  • Playing around with this further, I've figured out how to make it behave exactly how I wanted it to behave. Stupid question. Thank you.
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 8:16 PM