none
Deleted storage account. Are data for VM gone? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm new to Azur. I've started a free test account for 1 month. Have set up 2 VM with Linux Debian 9. While testing Azur I set up different functions and delted them and found out I wanted 2 VM. Some days ago I noted i had a storage account I had created so I delted that one not to pay for nothingI don't use, but right now one of the VM refuse to restart and complains that the Storage account is gone

It says

Failed to start virtual machine 'Debian9Bjarstal'. Error: Storage account 'hassebassediag745' not found. Ensure storage account is not deleted and belongs to the same Azure location as the VM.

Is there andy hope that my data for that VM are safe somewhere?

Hans

• Edited by Upplyser Saturday, November 4, 2017 2:40 AM
    Saturday, November 4, 2017 1:31 AM

All replies

• If youre Intel-based hardware,Intel has downloads for Lunux,try intel/support/downloads/networking/edit the

3 tabs...

Saturday, November 4, 2017 2:08 AM
  • ??

I'm on Microsoft Azur. I have no idea what hardware they use. I really don't understand what you're saying. Could you pls explain??

Saturday, November 4, 2017 2:14 AM
  • Lunux was a misspeling. I'm on Linux Debian on Microsoft Azur and the problem is with Azur. Do u haeve any help to give??

Saturday, November 4, 2017 2:17 AM
  • Deletion of storage account is an irreversible action in Azure. You can't recover it unless you have taken any snapshot. To avoid accidental deletion of the VM's in future you can follow this article. http://whyazure.in/how-to-avoid-unknown-or-accidental-deletion-of-your-azure-resources-by-other-users/

Saturday, November 4, 2017 11:38 AM
  • Hi

Fortunatly you're mistaken. The storage account was not connected to the VM but still its deletion messed up for the VM. I had help from Azur and was instructed to to uncheck a box in  Boot diagnostic, and then the machine just started my itself. Kind of magic

Thanks anyhow for your input.

Hans

• Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Monday, November 13, 2017 10:27 AM
    Saturday, November 4, 2017 1:08 PM