Filtered domain-based attributes RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi

I have created the following entities, Product, Product SubCategory and Product Category 

The Product SubCategory entity has an attribute called Product Category which is domain-based on the Product category entity.

The product entity contains the name, code attributes and product sub category and product category. Product Category and Sub Category are domain based attributes.

When a user creates a new product they will then select the product category value. Is it then possible to only show the related product sub categories for the select product category value? i.e. filtered domain-based values

Currently it shows all sub categories for all product categories.  

I have been able to create a business rule that populates the Product Category from the Sub Category selected - traversing up the hierarchy, This works as there is only one parent. There is a requirement where they would like to traverse down the hierarchy when defining the product details in a filtered drop down approach. - 1 to Many

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Kevin

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,

I think what you looking to achieve is now available in the latest MDS.

Basically you need to create Domain-Based Attributes on product, one for Product Category, the other for Product SubCategory, then create Derived Hierarchy based on Product.

So then you go back to Product and config the Domain-Based Attribute for SubCategory to filter the derived hierarchy.

Below is a video from free edX MDS course by Peter Meyers, hope it helps

https://d2f1egay8yehza.cloudfront.net/MSXCMDSM2017-V002000_DTH.mp4

Best Regards,

Adam Zheng

Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:19 AM