none
ReadRegistryFromOEM and WriteRegistryToOem, 4 byte lengths? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a hard time getting these to work properly. I read somewhere that the 4 byte requests are for the buffers and I'm having a hard time finding documentation on any of this.

I may have misinterpreted what I'm supposed to do with them, so for the read I'm assuming that reading will send a flag to say to start reading, and request data, and will request data until you send 0 back. The write will basically be the same, we get a start flag, it will send the length of the valid data in the buffer, i keep reading until it sends 0.

I debugged and my implementations should work fine, but they don't, so I'm wondering if those alledged 4 byte requests aren't requesting data or saying it has a byte of data.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 2:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,

as far as I remember when you get the start flag you will get only 4Byte of data. After that you will get bigger chunks of data to read/write of the registry and at the end you will get 4Bytes data packages again. So you need to read and write also the 4Byte data I think.

Best regards

Mike

Monday, June 13, 2011 8:26 AM
  • Are you implementing ReadRegistryFromOEM and WriteRegistryToOem from scratch?

In %_WINCEROOT%\PLATFORM\COMMON\SRC\COMMON\PERREG\perreg.c you can find a general purpose implementation: you need only to provide the low level functions to read, write and erase the flash

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com
    Monday, June 13, 2011 11:52 AM