Couldn't send an email to hotmail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to send an email from DBmail to hotmail but, i am not able to receive any email from the server to hotmail account. Whats the problem in the process of the DBMailConfiguration.

Anyone help me.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 11:50 AM

Answers

• Hotmail doesn't work unless you have have a pay-subscription for your hotmail account. Without a pay-account, you can't get tot eh SMTP port. I've tried it and becoause of this very reason I decided to pay (annuallt) for my hotmail account.

Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP | web | blog

• Proposed as answer by Kalman Toth Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Donghui Li Friday, December 19, 2014 1:39 AM
    Sunday, December 14, 2014 10:00 AM

All replies

• Is that an issue only with hotmail? In that case I don't think its a issue with the db mail configuration.

Satheesh
    My Blog | How to ask questions in technical forum

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 11:53 AM
  • Probably it is blocked on port or something,anyway talk to the network admin.

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 11:53 AM
    Answerer
  • Are you trying to use your hotmail account as SQL Servers SMTP server?

Or do you have an existing functioning DbMail config, but it fails specifically when you want to send email to your hotmail account?

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 12:17 PM
  • hi, sagarVidyaJy93

i want to know your detail step to config the dbmail

i think it must has something wrong at a certain step when you config your dbmail

would you  pls provide the detail step you config the dbmail

thanks

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 2:45 PM
  • Hi, Thanks for the responding to me.

Yes, i am sending email from server to gmail while configuring dbmail with the port number 587, also trying to send to hotmail changing with port number. What is the issue, help me in this.

Sunday, December 14, 2014 8:13 AM
  • Thank You.
    Sunday, December 14, 2014 8:14 AM
  • Yes, i am failing in configuring the dbmail to hotmail. But, finally i did it successfull sent dbmail to gmail.
    Sunday, December 14, 2014 8:16 AM
  • Please try with another mail server, for example Yahoo and note us your result.
    Sunday, December 14, 2014 9:25 AM
  • Okay, I'll give you the step by step process

Configuring DBMail setup:

Go to Object Explorer -> Management -> Right Click on database mail and Select 'Configure Database Mail' as follows

next -> Select 'setup database mail by performing the following ' as follows -> next

-> enter profile name = 'SQL Profile' and description as follows

-> click on add button -> enter the following details. Always use your own email id. Generally we have to use here company email id. we've to raise ticket to mail server admin team to get the following details.

*separate email id for SQL Server

* SMTP server name

* port nmber

* ssl feature should be enable or disable.

-> In Basic authentication option enter same email id along with valid password of the email id.

-> ok -> Next -> Under manage profile security option make the profile as public by selecting checkbox and default as follows.

-> Next -> Accept the default setting for System Parameters as follows.

Finish.

Close.

this is the process of configuring the dbmail i were followed.

Sunday, December 14, 2014 9:30 AM
  • Hotmail doesn't work unless you have have a pay-subscription for your hotmail account. Without a pay-account, you can't get tot eh SMTP port. I've tried it and becoause of this very reason I decided to pay (annuallt) for my hotmail account.

• Proposed as answer by Kalman Toth Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Donghui Li Friday, December 19, 2014 1:39 AM
    Sunday, December 14, 2014 10:00 AM