none
Mixed Platform on Visual Studio 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• In my solution some projects are in C# and some are VB.NET. Say I have 6 project out of which 3 are in C# and 3 are in Vb.NET. The framework I am using is 4.0 and Visual studio 2015. Now out of these 3 VB.NET project, one is having Platform x86 and rest 2 as Any CPU. Same is the case with C# project i.e. one is x86 and other 2 as Any CPU.

Now as per my knowledge, the platform of  Solution should be Mixed Platform, but it is showing as Any CPU and I am not able to see the "Mixed Platform" in the Platform drop-down. 

How can I get the Mixed platform in Visual studio 2015?

Hrushikesh Pande

Thursday, December 22, 2016 11:59 AM

Answers

• I think that it can be added manually. Go to Configuration Manager from Build menu, then to “Active solution platform”, select “<New…>”, then type “Mixed Platform”. Make sure that “Create new project platforms” is unchecked.

Then select the right combination of project details in the grid. Do this for Debug and Release configurations.

• Marked as answer by Hrushi17 Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:35 AM
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 6:40 PM
  • Hi Hrushi17,

>>How can I get the Mixed platform in Visual studio   2015?                

All versions of VS are same. Note that there is nothing magic about the “Mixed Platforms” platform – you can create your own custom solution-level platforms / configurations with whatever names you choose.  In the Configuration Manager, just select the Active
    solution platform
    combo box and select <New…>

For more details, please refer to blog:https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/aaronhallberg/2007/06/25/solution-configurations/

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Kristin Xie Friday, December 23, 2016 2:00 AM
    Friday, December 23, 2016 1:59 AM

All replies

• I think that it can be added manually. Go to Configuration Manager from Build menu, then to “Active solution platform”, select “<New…>”, then type “Mixed Platform”. Make sure that “Create new project platforms” is unchecked.

Then select the right combination of project details in the grid. Do this for Debug and Release configurations.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 6:40 PM
  • Hi Hrushi17,

>>How can I get the Mixed platform in Visual studio   2015?                

All versions of VS are same. Note that there is nothing magic about the “Mixed Platforms” platform – you can create your own custom solution-level platforms / configurations with whatever names you choose.  In the Configuration Manager, just select the Active
    solution platform
    combo box and select <New…>

For more details, please refer to blog:https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/aaronhallberg/2007/06/25/solution-configurations/

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Kristin Xie Friday, December 23, 2016 2:00 AM
    Friday, December 23, 2016 1:59 AM