none
Azure Data Factory V2 - Lookup Activity Integration Run time

Question

• Hello Team,

I've a pipeline which has 1 lookup activity before does the copy activity. The copy activity push the data from Azure Paas SQL DB to on-premises sql DB.

I could establish the connection and make the pipeline running, however, i would like to really understand why the look up activity is really slow(it call the sproc which read a single record table and return it a single column).

The table is in Azure DB and the same is in S2 service level.

So, its looks like as below:

Lookup activity(18 Sec) --> copy Activity (18 Sec). 

I can understand why copy activity takes time as the sink is on-prem, hence execution will be in self-hosted IR (i.e my local on-prem). But i thought lookup run in azure IR. Could someone help me what could be the potential reason it takes time when i run the sproc in ADF-V2?

Thanks!

Ram

Monday, June 11, 2018 7:51 PM

All replies

• The Lookup also requires compute resource to execute the actual query. The SLA is 4 minutes to pick the query job. The same as copy.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:11 AM
  • Thanks lujun2003. But, which compute resource does this use? I mean will it use Azure IR or the self-hosted IR in my case? Also, would be much of help if you could point me the page where the SLA was documented?

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:14 AM
  • I agree with your point, but still could you point me to where the 4 Min SLA was mentioned? To me 4 min SLA to pick up a look-up activity query is high. Can you please direct me to link where it was mentioned.

thanks.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 9:05 AM