none
Microsoft proof reading api for third party proofing tool RRS feed

• Question

• I want to develop my own proofing add on for MS office. Is there any api for third party proofing tool? If it is how to access or buy it?

I developed word add-in that checks spelling. But the wavy underline is the problem. We'd like to do is add temporary colored wavy underlines, exactly like the built-in proofing tools. I suppose the proofing api does wavy underlines. 

• Edited by Zoljargal Tuesday, April 17, 2018 12:19 PM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 12:10 PM

All replies

• Hello Zoljargal,

This forum(General Office Development) is for development issue related to Office Object Model and as far as I know, word object model does not provide such function to custom spell checking wavy underline.

If you want to custom the wavy underline, you could try to do it in register as a workaround.

Please check below link for more information.

How to customize the color of the spelling and grammar checker underlines in Microsoft Word

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 2:58 AM