none
Datalogic M2130 Barcode Scanner - Using Visual Basic 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to talk to a Datalogic M2130 Barcode scanner, using usb-com in Visual Basic 2012.

I haven't got a clue where to start with talking to a com port. Only been using VB2012 for about a week and finding the help sources just go round in circles and expect you to be very clued up.

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Many Thanks

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

what exactly do you have to do with the barcode scanner? I use it commonly as keyboard. That means that the characters behind the barcode is read in as it is typed on a keyboard. The advantage is that I have nothing special to implement for that. I only need to catch input keys.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

what exactly do you have to do with the barcode scanner? I use it commonly as keyboard. That means that the characters behind the barcode is read in as it is typed on a keyboard. The advantage is that I have nothing special to implement for that. I only need to catch input keys.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:14 PM
  • You might try looking at the System.IO.Ports.SerialPort class to perform this.
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 9:47 PM
  • @ FHU130

You can find all the information you need about talking to a COM port (SerialPort) in my VB SerialPort tutorial.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans understand.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 11:33 AM