Interlaced data from decoder RRS feed

• Question

• In our app we are rendering avi files using MediaSession topology. We have created our custom video renderer.We would like to know why we are getting IMFStreamSink::ProcesSample calls from decoder in 40ms even if the file contain interlaced data i.e

The attribute in mediatype received from IsMediatypeSupported () is

MF_MT_INTERLACE_MODE:: MFVideoInterlace_MixedInterlaceOrProgressive

And in the samples receive from process sample the flags MFSampleExtension_SingleField |MFSampleExtension_BottomFieldFirst are set.

Does it mean we are getting frame data even if the flags indicate Interlaced data?

How can we get interlaced fielddata from decoder i.e.ProcessSample calls in every 20ms?

Please note that In our app we are rendering files of different codecs so its not possible to use custom decoder and configure it to give field samples?.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:40 PM

Answers

• Do you have any idea which decoder is chosen for the content?  The only decoder that I am aware of that sets the MFSampleExtension_SingleField attribute to 1 is the WMV/VC-1 decoder, which would be an unlikely candidate for storage in an AVI file.  It is much more likely that you are getting samples where each sample has both interleaved fields for a frame, but in that case MFSampleExtension_SingleField should be set to 0.
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 1:11 AM