none
Use Dialog-API to show angular component RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

sorry for double post, I've already started a thread at the german speaking MSDN-forum but got no replies yet, hope to reach more people here.

I'm using OfficeJs-API and would like to load an angular component in a dialog with Dialog-API. 

I've read following article about the usage of the Dialog-API, especially at heading "Using the Office Dialog API with Angular":

docs.microsoft.com/en-US/office/dev/add-ins/develop/add-ins-with-angular2

I've tried that in my appication and passed the angular route as parameter like 

Office.context.ui.displayDialogAsync("/#/new-angular-component", { height: 100, width: 100 }, this.dialogCallback);

Result is that not only the new component's html is loaded, but also the entire application as described in article.

Maybe it's more an angular question, but I didn't find good documentation how that could be solved.

Lazy Loading components or implementing multiple bootstrappers would not solve my problem as I understand for now. 

How I'm able to just load a component in a dialog?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Björn

• Edited by MrHiggs Sunday, February 25, 2018 12:44 AM
    Saturday, February 24, 2018 1:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Bjorn,

>> How I'm able to just load a component in a dialog?

For your issue, you could implement an additional wrapper for your “basic app layout”.

You could refer the link below for more information.

# Angular 2 - Standalone Component (without layout)

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40801810/angular-2-standalone-component-without-layout

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 26, 2018 7:33 AM