none
Enabling .NETFramework, Version=4.5.2 RRS feed

• Question

• I've run a scan of a Windows 2008 R2 server and the scan tells me that the current version of installed .NET is 4.0.30319. I've checked in the registry and can see later versions under the SKU key. The latest version shows as  .NETFramework,Version=v4.5.2 (there are also similar entries for 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.3, 4.5 & 4.5.1)

Are the later versions installed? If they are installed how do I disable 4.0.30319 and enable 4.5.2?

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 10:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>> I've checked in the registry and can see later versions under the SKU key. The latest version shows as  .NETFramework,Version=v4.5.2 (there are also similar entries for 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.3, 4.5 & 4.5.1)

If you find .NET Framework versions by viewing the registry, check for a DWORD value named Release. The existence of the Release DWORD indicates that the latest version of .net framework you installed.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed#net_b

Each new version of the .NET Framework retains features from the previous versions and adds new features. The .NET Framework 4.5 is an in-place update that replaces the .NET Framework 4 on your computer, and similarly, the .NET Framework 4.5.1 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, and 4.7.1 are in-place updates to the .NET Framework 4.5, they can be installed together in one PC.

If you don't need .net framework 4.0, you can uninstall it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/versions-and-dependencies

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:13 AM