Is there a way to mark a tumbling window trigger as passed or skipped, even if it failed? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a parent pipeline tumbling window trigger that failed. I was able to manually ad-hoc what it does (close enough anyway) and what would have been it's output is now in ADLS. Now I want to mark the tumbling window as passed. That way the child pipelines that depend upon it will run. How can I do that?
    Wednesday, April 15, 2020 4:10 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

As of now, I dont think you can mark a trigger run passed even if it failed. However, if there's no hard dependency on the parent trigger, then you can remove the dependency altogether and just schedule the dependent trigger at a time delay from the parent trigger. 

Hope this helps

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 5:55 AM
  • That's a scalable solution for one child parent relationship, but I have around 100 child tumbling windows dependent upon this parent tumbling window. I'll add something to user voice.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2020 4:34 PM
  • Hi there,

I can understand your situation. 

I would recommend you to provide feedback at the feedback forum. All the feedback you share, is closely monitored by the Data Factory Product team and implemented in future releases.

Also, Regarding service general availability, I would suggest to keep an eye on Azure updates

Azure updates provide information about important Azure product updates, roadmap, and announcements.
    Thursday, April 16, 2020 5:33 AM