The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• I deployed an ASP.NET core 2.2 web application that works fine locally. On the portal, nothing is showing a problem. When I call it, https://xxxxxxxxx.azurewebsites.net/api/values I get "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable." (404)

What should I change for it to work?

Ofer Gal

Monday, July 1, 2019 10:04 PM

Answers

• Thanks for asking question! This error suggests that the file you are looking is not present on the server or web.config file is not configured properly. Visual Studio automatically generates a web.config for you when you target deployment for your website's build. You can get an idea about web.config files in general here.  Its present in the wwwroot directory of your web application once it's deployed. If you are using any special file name then suggest you to look through Kudu  or FTP that the file is present on the servers. It's worth noting that your web.config overrides the Application Settings, but IIS may return an error pointing at the wrong one (as they both are doing the same thing). You can also look web.config in this .Net Documentation. These files aren't Azure specific, although some things are often used in the Azure versions

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:13 AM

All replies

• Thanks for asking question! This error suggests that the file you are looking is not present on the server or web.config file is not configured properly. Visual Studio automatically generates a web.config for you when you target deployment for your website's build. You can get an idea about web.config files in general here.  Its present in the wwwroot directory of your web application once it's deployed. If you are using any special file name then suggest you to look through Kudu  or FTP that the file is present on the servers. It's worth noting that your web.config overrides the Application Settings, but IIS may return an error pointing at the wrong one (as they both are doing the same thing). You can also look web.config in this .Net Documentation. These files aren't Azure specific, although some things are often used in the Azure versions

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:13 AM
  • Turns out VS 2019 does not create a web.config file. It did not bother on premiss IIS servers. But Asure web app needs one (but does not complain it has none)

I got the hint from here

None of the walkthroughs or tutorials I have seen, do not mention it.

Ofer Gal

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 2:29 PM