Compiler Error - Target directory could not be deleted RRS feed

• Question

• User-1660770209 posted

So I'm running into a problem with my Web Deployment Project. On my machine, everything works great. When I use it with CruiseControl, things break. I get the following error:

ASPNETCOMPILER (,): error ASPRUNTIME: The target directory could not be deleted. Please delete it manually, or choose a different target.

What's interesting is that the deployment project actually seems to work. The /Release directory is created and populated. What I've noticed is that there's now a PrecompiledWeb folder at the same levelof my other project folders. I'm wondering if that's the directory that isn't deleted. Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks

Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:34 PM

All replies

• User1754323106 posted
    i encourtered this error before although wasn't with CuriseControl,  I had that folder opened in my window explorer and such it coudlnt' deleted it because another process was "accessing" it. I moved my mouse away from the directory and then everything went fine.

Is there another process accessing your deployment folder as well?
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:58 PM
  • User-1660770209 posted
    Unfortunately there is not anything else running that I can see that would cause this problem. What's interesting is that VS doesn't seem to create this folder, but MSBuild does.
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 2:08 PM
  • User651454269 posted
    Exit the application and reopen it. and it doesn't work, restart the computer and try again. Because some of the process you cannot see.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 5:43 AM