none
Distribution rights for DbgHelp.dll, where can I find the details? RRS feed

• Question

• The web page titled DbgHelp Versions (can't include link, it's msdn.microsoft.com en-us library windows desktop ms679294), says the following about the redistribution policies for dbghelp.dll:

The most current versions of DbgHelp.dll, SymSrv.dll, and SrcSrv.dll are available as a
      part of the Debugging Tools for Windows package. The redistribution policies for these included DLLs were
      specifically designed to make it as easy as possible for people to include these files in their own packages and releases.

However, I haven't been able to find any details of what these "redistribution policies" are.

Can anyone tell me where to find them, and/or what exactly I need to download and package with my product?

Thanks,

-Kelly

• Moved by Carl Cai Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:39 AM (from VS debug)More related to windows debug
    Monday, May 12, 2014 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I found that document you shared with us.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms679294

Since Visual Studio Development  Visual Studio Diagnostics (Debugger, Profiler, IntelliTrace)  

forum is to discuss and ask questions about the Visual Studio Debugging tools, Visual Studio Profiler tools, and Visual Studio Ultimate IntelliTrace, and based on that document, I have moved this thread to Windows Desktop Debugging forum to get better support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:43 AM
  • OK, if it needed to be moved, that's fine (dbghelp.dll comes with several products, so it's hard to know).

Hopefully an engineer from the desktop development / desktop debugging can answer.

-Kelly

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:46 PM
  • Ping.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 4:40 PM
  • I just realized that I posted this from the wrong user ID, so I'm bumping it with my MSDN user.

-Kelly Hickel

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 6:10 PM