Supress Error Tags In Enhanced Scrollbar for an Extension RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to suppress error annotations from a particular extension from showing up in the enhanced scrollbar?  The "Show Errors" annotation option for the enhanced scrollbar seems to be an all or nothing option.  In my spell checker extension there are cases where the spelling error tags are quite numerous and a couple of users have asked if there's a way to hide them but leave the other error annotations for syntax errors etc. visible.  There are other tag types I could use but they seem like worse options since they either highlight the word or box it so it looks like a replacement tag in a snippet and the problem shifts from the scrollbar to the editor.  If there isn't a way to suppress them per extension, perhaps this could go on the feature list for a future version.

Eric

Monday, June 2, 2014 9:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome here!

Does the Enhanced Scrollbar you mentioned mean this? And what is meaning of the "supress"? Hide or remove?

If you don't want the errors, you can uncheck the show errors checkbox.

Best regards,

• Edited by Anna Cc Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:07 AM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:03 AM
  • Yes, those are the options.  As I said in my first post, the "Show errors" option is all or nothing.  It shows them all or hides them all.  What I want to do is just hide the markers for error tags from my extension but leave others for such things as syntax errors.

Eric

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:28 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your feedback!

I think I have got you now.

Could you please tell us what version of Visual Studio you use? As we know, we need to install productivity power tools in order to use  Enhanced Scrollbar.

And with Visual Studio 2013, Microsoft has incorporated the VS Power Tools Enhanced Scrollbar functionality (and cleaned it up a bit) into the product. This means the enhanced scrollbar, with it’s preview window and quick overview settings, are now first class citizens in VS 2013.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

We will let you know if any progress is made.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:47 AM
  • I'm using VS 2013 so the scrollbar options are integrated with Visual Studio.

Eric

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 3:00 PM
  • It's been over a week since your last response.  Any progress on this or is it just not possible?

Eric

Saturday, June 14, 2014 8:12 PM
  • Hi,

From a support perspective this is really beyond what we can do here in the forums. If you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, consider opening a support case with us. Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Jun Zh - MSFT Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, June 16, 2014 4:58 AM