none
Connection String Contains unrecognized key

Question

• I am working through a Getting Started with HDInsight lab.  I am trying to upload a file to Azure Blob Storage via the Azure CLI.

Everything works fine until I get to the step where I enter:

azure storage blob upload [my path] [my container] folder/file.txt

I am getting this error inside of the Azure CLI:  Connection string contains unrecognized key:  [key here] 

Storage blob upload command failed.

When I log into Azure to view my blog storage account key, its the same as the key that I see in the error, which is the same as the key that I see when I enter:   azure storage connectionstring show [my storage account] -g [my resource group].

So, if I am seeing the same key in every place, why am I seeing an unrecognized error?

Friday, June 10, 2016 6:19 PM

All replies

• Greetings!

Thank you for posting here!

Are you following the steps outlined in the documentation (here)? If you haven’t tried the steps mentioned in the documentation, kindly give them a shot to upload a file to Azure Storage.

Kindly be cautious about any blank spaces ( ) before or after the key string.

You may want to know about AzCopy tool and Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer

AzCopy is a Windows command-line utility designed for copying data to and from Microsoft Azure Blob, File, and Table storage using simple commands with optimal performance. You can copy data from one object to another within your storage account, or between storage accounts.

Regards,
    Ajay

Saturday, June 11, 2016 3:05 PM