none
TableAdapter shows in Class View but no longer in DataSet Designer RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working with C# in Visual Studio 2010 and have created 4-TableAdapters in the designer. However, I noticed today that only 2 are still visible in the DataSet Designer. My code still reflects them correctly and they appear in Class View but are no longer visible in the designer.

Can anyone tell me why this would be and perhaps more importantly; is there a way to get them back into the designer so that I might add additional queries to them? Is there something I can do (short of deleting and recreating); can something be done inside of the Class View to make them visible and available again in the DataSet Designer? Thanks

===========================================================

Monday, Sept 7th.

OK, the mystery has been solved. In order to view my TableAdapters better, I had neatly placed them to the left of the designer screen, one below another. For whatever reason, Visual Studio then stacked 3-of them on top of one another, allowing me to only 'See' two of the four adapters. When I moved one, I could then see the remaining ones. This explains why my code was unaffected, but why only 2-appeared visible. Live and learn.

• Moved by Kristin Xie Monday, September 7, 2015 2:08 AM move to appropriate forum
    • Edited by CodingMann Monday, September 7, 2015 10:42 PM Solved
    Saturday, September 5, 2015 10:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Coding Mann,

I'm glad to hear that you got it working.

In order to end this case, we copy your answer here.

OK, the mystery has been solved. In order to view my TableAdapters better, I had neatly placed them to the left of the designer screen, one below another. For whatever reason, Visual Studio then stacked 3-of them on top of one another, allowing me to only 'See' two of the four adapters. When I moved one, I could then see the remaining ones. This explains why my code was unaffected, but why only 2-appeared visible. Live and learn.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
    Youjun Tang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:18 AM

All replies

• Hi CodingMann,

Based on your description, your case more related to Data platform, so i moved to Data Platform DevelopmentADO.NET DataSet forum for better support.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, September 7, 2015 2:11 AM
  • Hi Coding Mann,

I'm glad to hear that you got it working.

In order to end this case, we copy your answer here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
    Youjun Tang

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:18 AM