none
What is the perfect Transform Parameters for Kinect Initilization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I am new to Kinect development and i am stuck to many questions and exceptions while i am try to create simple application for the Kinect using

Kinect for windows SDK

My question is:

1. What is the perfect TransformSmoothParameters for kinect initilization?

2. Also does the MaxDeviationRadius will affect the color frames or Depth frames resolution?

Thank you all for your expected cooperation

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 9:33 AM

Answers

• you can easily use the following code in your initialization

this._kinectSensor.SkeletonStream.Enable(new TransformSmoothParameters()
                                                                                           {
                                                                                               Smoothing = 0.75f,
                                                                                               Correction = 0.0f,
                                                                                               Prediction = 0.0f,
                                                                                               JitterRadius = 0.05f,
                                                                                               MaxDeviationRadius = 0.04f
                                                                                           });

Also the MaxDeviationRadius you can ignore and it will be with its default value

Thanks,
    MOHAMED A. SAKR | Software Development Lead Engineer | EgyptNetwork
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members. Also try to Vote as Helpful

• Marked as answer by John Ficry Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:52 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 1:28 PM

All replies

• you can easily use the following code in your initialization

this._kinectSensor.SkeletonStream.Enable(new TransformSmoothParameters()
                                                                                           {
                                                                                               Smoothing = 0.75f,
                                                                                               Correction = 0.0f,
                                                                                               Prediction = 0.0f,
                                                                                               JitterRadius = 0.05f,
                                                                                               MaxDeviationRadius = 0.04f
                                                                                           });

Also the MaxDeviationRadius you can ignore and it will be with its default value

Thanks,
    MOHAMED A. SAKR | Software Development Lead Engineer | EgyptNetwork
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members. Also try to Vote as Helpful

• Marked as answer by John Ficry Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:52 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 1:28 PM
  • Thanks you so much, it works
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:52 PM
  • There are no "perfect" smoothing parameters... if there were, there we would have had no need to make them settable. :-)

An appropriate set of values to use really depends on the smoothing effect you're trying to achieve.

MaxDeviationRadius has nothing to do with color or depth resolution. It limits how far the smoothed position of a skeleton joint can deviate from the joint's "raw" (unsmoothed) position. The units for MaxDeviationRadius are meters, so the default value of 0.04 indicates a maximum deviation of 4 cm.

John
    K4W Dev

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 5:58 PM
  • Thanks john

I have tried the code posted by mohamedsakr and it works fine

also i understood what is the meaning and use of these parameters from your post

thanks man

• Edited by John Ficry Friday, May 4, 2012 1:16 PM
    Friday, May 4, 2012 1:15 PM
  • Hi guys,

I am new to Kinect development and i am stuck to many questions and exceptions while i am try to create simple application for the Kinect using

Kinect for windows SDK

My question is:

1. What is the perfect TransformSmoothParameters for kinect initilization?

2. Also does the MaxDeviationRadius will affect the color frames or Depth frames resolution?

Thank you all for your expected cooperation

To anyone searching the web looking for the best smooth Paramaters for your application, check this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj131024.aspx

It all depends on the ammount of smoothness you need and response speed.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:20 PM