Visual Studio 2017 offline installer size RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I followed the tutorial in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/create-an-offline-installation-of-visual-studio to download visual studio 2017 community offline installer files. I would like to know the exact size (or any forecast) of the offline installer file. This is important because I have a limited bandwidth. 

Additionally is there any way to resume the download in case I choose to quit the installation process by closing the command line window

Thank You

Friday, April 28, 2017 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Madhav1996,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

You could see my side about download the VS 2017 Enterprise (US language version) offline installer size, about more than 20GB:

>>is there any way to resume the download in case I choose to quit the installation process by closing the command line window

If you close the downloading window, there is no way to recover it, even if you start a new /layout command, it will start from the beginning to download files.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Tuesday, May 2, 2017 6:26 AM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 7:23 AM
  • I'm in the Sydney so it goes without saying my internet connection is really slow!

I've been downloading the full offline en-us VS 2017 Pro layout for about 30 hours now, and I just hit 22.8 Gb. It would be great if the VS Team put a little "linux like" progress bar or % completed so you had some idea of how long there still was to go on the overall download.

Will post again once it has finished. Was hoping it would be finished tonight.....

Cheers

G

Thursday, May 11, 2017 6:04 AM
  • Ok - so we're done. Almost 33 hours, and 24.2Gb.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:51 AM
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:43 AM
  • Hi,

I have downloaded 25.5 GB, don't know how much is left.

Downloading since 12 hours.

Completed with 27.1 GB

Thanks,
    Rahul

Sunday, May 28, 2017 4:19 PM
  • Sheesh! I wonder why I didnt think of checking out the size before I started downloading this! I am in Nigeria! Gotta move to plan B. I cant afford this on my Internet plan
    Wednesday, June 21, 2017 5:00 AM
  • Downloaded total file size 40.9 Gb,
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:06 AM