Blurry text when changing size of text in Win10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone

I'm having trouble with blurry text when running native solution on 3/4K monitors and scaling text up. I've read and tried some of the suggestions out there, concerning DPI scaling, but I hasn't been able to eliminate the blurry text just yet. Could someone please throw me a hint on what to do here?

Regards Søren

Blurry text

• Moved by Youjun Tang Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:03 AM
    Monday, August 10, 2015 11:14 AM

Answers

All replies

• http://answers.microsoft.com

The current forum has not one aspect in its text or images which is related to your question.

Success
    Cor

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, August 18, 2015 3:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, August 28, 2015 5:21 PM
    Monday, August 10, 2015 12:12 PM
  • Hello,

If this is a VB.NET question then please indicate what you have tried to solve this issue and if not VB.NET this question does not belong here and will move your question if not VB.NET, please respond.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my webpage under my profile but do not reply to forum questions.

Monday, August 10, 2015 12:28 PM
  • Sure it's VB.net. :-o

I've tried adding info to the manifest:

<dpiAware>true</dpiAware>

I've tried altering form properties like AutoScalemode, Autosize, AutoSizeMode, etc

Right now I'm not even sure that I'm on the right track. Has this issue anything to do with dpi-scaling at all? -  I don't know. What I do know, is that alle my applications is suffering from this blurry-everything issue. Offcource the bitmaps would tend to blur when scaling up - but the text? I don't get it.

Monday, August 10, 2015 2:01 PM
  • This link might be helpful: Winforms high DPI blurry fonts

Monday, August 17, 2015 9:24 AM
  • I doubt this has anything to do with VB.Net specifically.  I have noticed a number of programs with "blurry" visuals after upgrading to Windows 10, however the latest NVidia driver update improved this significantly.  However for some applications you may still wish to turn off scaling for high-DPI settings (video).  This should correct the issue and is preferable to changing to a lower DPI setting if you have a high-res monitor.

This thread can probably be moved to off-topic in a few days.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Monday, August 17, 2015 4:38 PM