none
MSCOREE lib problem for VS 2015 community

Question

• The linker cannot open the MSCOREE lib  file when running any project. This started after I accidentally uninstalled the windows sdk, and reinstalled it. I have tried repairing the sdk, and have reinstalled visual studios, but the error keeps appearing? 
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:21 PM

All replies

• Hi _Robert-,

This issue caused after uninstall the Windows SDK. Please check whether you have installed all Windows 10 and Windows 8 SDK when reinstall Visual Studio 2015.

If you have installed all above Windows SDK, please check whether the MSCOREE.dll is stored in path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Lib.

If the MSCOREE.dll is stored in that path, please try run your Visual Studio as administrator to make sure it has enough permissions to access that path.

If the MSCOREE.dll is not stored in that path, I'm afraid that there has any problem when reinstalling Visual Studio 2015. Please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 5:09 AM