none
Dynamic Virtual Channel on Windows 8 Issue RRS feed

• Question

• If I enabled Dynamic Virtual Channel (with sound input or touch input, or even a fake one)  in my HTML5 RDP implementation(http://www.remotespark.com/html5.html). Windows 8 will stop sending any data after sending Server Font Map PDU, that means I can not use sound recording and touch remoting in Windows 8 for now. If I don't use Dynamic Virtual Channel, then everything is fine on connecting to Windows 8.

Same application works on Windows 7, XP, 2008 without any problems.

Did I miss something in the document? Please help.

Thanks,

Walter

Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:15 PM

Answers

• Follow-up to the forum...

...This was an issue with the Release Candidate (RC) build of Windows 8.  The issue was resolved with the final RTM build.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Walter,

Thank you for your question. A member of the protocol documentation team will respond to you soon.

Regards,
    Vilmos Foltenyi - MSFT

Friday, August 31, 2012 8:40 AM
  • Hi, Walter,

I can help you with this.  Can you send me mail at "dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com" and we can work on this together offline?

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Friday, August 31, 2012 2:04 PM
  • Follow-up to the forum...

...This was an issue with the Release Candidate (RC) build of Windows 8.  The issue was resolved with the final RTM build.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:02 PM