Resource Provider SQL adapter missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I deployed the SQL RP and created the Hosting Server successfully. I have a Plan, Offer, and Quota set in the Admin portal. When I log into the Tenant portal and go into the subscription, there is no sql adapter resource provider listed. I re-read the docs and I did not see that I had to do anything special to get it to show up. Is there something I am missing here. 

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Hacker

Friday, May 18, 2018 3:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Paul,

Please note: Offers can be set to:

Public: Visible to users.

Private: Only visible to cloud administrators. Useful while drafting the plan or offer, or if the cloud administrator wants to create each subscription for users.

Decommissioned: Closed to new subscribers. The cloud administrator can use decommissioned to prevent future subscriptions, but leave current subscribers untouched.

Offers must be made “public” for users to get the full view when they subscribe.

-Make sure your offer is set to public and had been provisioned for your Tenant to consume.

-Alternately, after you access an offer you can go to:

Offer settings, and then select Accessibility state to change the state.

Let us know how it goes,

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Friday, May 18, 2018 9:31 PM
  • Gary - Thanks for the response. I had created a subscription before I had the SQL provider setup. Did not realize i had to create a new sub when I added new RPs as soon as I created the new sub it found the offer and all is good. I am creating databases now.

-paul

Paul Hacker

Friday, May 18, 2018 11:01 PM
  • Gary - I am trying to create a WebApp and I get the following error

The subscription DemoSubscription doesn't have permissions to register the resource provider Microsoft.Web.

yet the Microsoft.Web RP is registered in the subscription already. Any idea?

-paul

Paul Hacker

Friday, May 18, 2018 11:19 PM
  • I backed out the AppService provider and redeployed. Seems to have fixed the current issue.

Paul Hacker

Sunday, May 20, 2018 3:09 PM