none
Azure PageBlob CREATION TIME property not available in PowerShell RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get the Azure PageBlob creation time through Powershell, however I am not seeing that property, I can see only Last Modified Time.

when checked form the Portal. Storage Account >> Blob >> VHDs >> select the VHD file 

there you can see Creation Time.

How I can get Creation Time for PageBlob file from Powershell.

Command I am using is Get-AzureStorageBlob

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 1:48 PM

All replies

• Currently there's no PowerShell property which would tell you when the blob was created. It only has a property which tells you when a blob was last modified. If you don’t modify blob after it has created “Last modified time= Creation time”.  If you wish you may leave your feedback here.

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:40 PM
  • In terms of page blob we cannot use  “Last modified time= Creation time”.

Basically I am trying to find the creation Time of Unmanaged VMs from VHds creation date using Powershell.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 12:57 PM
  • Firstly, apologies for the delay in responding here and any inconvenience this issue may have caused. Kindly try the following steps to isolate the issue:   

There is a workaround solution: If the VM uses a managed disk you can check the creation date of the managed disk. If it is NOT using a managed disk then there is not creation time on a page blob however by default VHDs include the creation data and time as part of the file name. Therefore to try and find the creation data of a VM try to use a combination of all 3 by first looking for logs for the VM, then look for a managed disk and finally try a data in unmanaged OS disk. You may refer to the suggestion mentioned in this SO thread. 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Monday, August 12, 2019 7:34 AM
  • @Sanjog Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:56 AM
  • @Sanjog Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:11 PM
  • @Sanjog Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Friday, August 23, 2019 5:52 AM