none
TC2.4.1 and "Hello World" msi already gives 37 log entries with severity Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working on making our application certified for windows server 2008. We sent our application for pre testing and we got back a failure for TC 2.4.1.

I managed to setup the application verifier and create the log and there I am quite blocked. The certification tool says that we have to document (or fix...?) all entries with severity="Error". Our msi creates 94 errors (I extracted all the errors using the Application verifier log parser).

I tried to create a "Hello World" msi package from Visual Studio that only copies one file. I then tested it and I got 37 errors.

I then compared with the log created by my msi and I found out that the 37 first errors in my log are exactly the same as the one from the "hello world" msi. Most of the errors that are not in the "Hello World" are about requesting successfully priviledges (0x330F). We also have one 332D, one 0x331B and one 0x3326.

So, should I really document ALL errors? Doesn't everybody gets those 37 errors? And actually, I do not even know why I get the other errors which makes it quite difficult for me to make any documentation. To me, all those errors are create by the installer made with installshield so I have no clue why they happen.

I don't know if it matters, but our msi is set to require administrator privilege.

Any help would be more than welcome :)

Thanks

Laurent

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 2:01 PM