Merging Not Working RRS feed

Answers

• User-762694769 posted

You do not have to click on "Publish Web Site", though I am not sure if that is what you meant by "publish web site". "Publish Web Site" is separate from Web Deployment Projects.

Try the following:

1. Select the deployment project.

2. Press F4.

3. You should see a "Properties" that says where the project is located.

4. Right click on the deployment project, select "Property Pages". Look at where the output goes to (Output folder).

The actual files resulting from running the deployment project actually goes in a subfolder in the project folder of the Deployment project (eg MyDeployment\Debug). Those are the files you will need to use when you deploy to your server, and not the results of "Publish Web Site".

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2007 3:57 PM

All replies

• User-762694769 posted

You need to right click on the deployment project, and select "Build". I think you might have selected the original web site when you did "Publish Web Site". After adding a Web Deployment Project, it is listed as a separate project from the original web site.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 3:02 PM
  • User-817787195 posted

I right clicked on the deployment project which is under my website project and when I publish the website the all those crazy numberd dlls are still there.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 3:28 PM
  • User-762694769 posted

You do not have to click on "Publish Web Site", though I am not sure if that is what you meant by "publish web site". "Publish Web Site" is separate from Web Deployment Projects.

Try the following:

1. Select the deployment project.

2. Press F4.

3. You should see a "Properties" that says where the project is located.

4. Right click on the deployment project, select "Property Pages". Look at where the output goes to (Output folder).

The actual files resulting from running the deployment project actually goes in a subfolder in the project folder of the Deployment project (eg MyDeployment\Debug). Those are the files you will need to use when you deploy to your server, and not the results of "Publish Web Site".

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2007 3:57 PM
  • User-817787195 posted

I am a retard, that is so freaking cool!  Thanks! [:)]

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 5:21 PM