none
Unable to access Application.ActiveProject.NewTasksCreatedAsManual RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing a pretty complex AddIn for Microsoft Project 2010 using C# 4.0 with Visual Studio 2010.  I am writing a class that will check to see if the current project is set to create manually scheduled tasks by default and as such I am using the the ActiveProject.NewTasksCreatedAsManual property found on  the Project object please refer to the code below:

<br/><pre lang="x-c#">if (MSProjectInstance.ActiveProject != null)
    {
       returnValue =   MSProjectInstance.ActiveProject.NewTasksCreatedAsManual;
    }

The code above is being used directly inside the ThisAddIn class and executes as I would expect.

The problem comes when I implement my Check logic which is found in a separate class library that is referenced by the ThisAddIn class.  My Check class has a single Method called check and looks as below:

public bool Check(Project objectToCheck)
     {
          bool foundIssue = false;
          if (objectToCheck.NewTasksCreatedAsManual)
          {
            foundIssue = true;
          }
          return foundIssue;
     }

The above  Check Method will not compile it gives an error as though the NewTasksCreatedAsManual property does not exist on the Project Object.  I am referencing the Microsoft.Office.Interop.MSProject assembly but maybe I need something else as well.  I am flumoxed by this and would appreciate any help or suggestions of things that may be causing this issue. 

Thanks in advance!

Monday, June 20, 2011 5:30 PM

Answers

• Update:

I resolved the issue I had the wrong version of the Interop Assembly referenced needed v2.0.50727.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Thomas_Bell Monday, June 20, 2011 6:51 PM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 6:51 PM