none
App package previously listed in Store now fails during submmission RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight app (.XAP package) which was submitted to the Store last year and which worked quite happily on both this platform and on Windows 10 Mobile 

Last month I submitted a Windows 10 desktop version of the same app (.AppX package), and successfully submitted this to the Store - however I unintentionally omitted the XAP version in my package submission, and so this was removed from the Store.

I therefore attempted a new submission containing both packages, targeted at their respective platforms, however the mobile version is now being failed during submission, saying it does not install on Windows 10 Mobile. This is the exact same binary which was listed on the Store last year, and it runs just fine on that platform.

I cannot get an answer or explanation from Microsoft, so effectively my mobile app is now excluded from the Store with no way for me to restore it.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Twils,

According to Removing packages for a previously-supported device family:

"When you publish a submission that removes packages for a device family that your app previously supported, new customers will not be able to acquire the app on that device family. You can always publish another update later to provide packages for that device family again."

Thus, it's allowed to upload your XAP package again to the Store. But since it failed to be installed on tester's device, you'd better sideload thr package you upload to see if it can still work well. Or you could share more info from your failure report by attaching the screenshot.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu  

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 9:42 AM