GPS Intermediate Driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I wrote the GPS Intermediate Driver program in C#. The program worked on the Device Emulator with Fake GPS files but it didn't work on my device (Asus P535)

Normally Igo8 works on my device so the GPS works but that my program doen't...

What can I do for this problem ?
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 9:13 PM

Answers

• Are you using the code from the GPS sample in the Windows Mobile SDK? 

Also are you running the Igo8 software in the same physical environment as your program?  Keep in mind that when you are indoors you may not be able to get a GPS fix at all.  Start your igo8 software and wait for it to get a fix.  while it is still running start up the program that you wrote.  At that point if your program still doesn't work then it is a problem in the code.
    Joel Ivory Johnson
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 9:22 PM

All replies

• Are you using the code from the GPS sample in the Windows Mobile SDK? 

Also are you running the Igo8 software in the same physical environment as your program?  Keep in mind that when you are indoors you may not be able to get a GPS fix at all.  Start your igo8 software and wait for it to get a fix.  while it is still running start up the program that you wrote.  At that point if your program still doesn't work then it is a problem in the code.
    Joel Ivory Johnson
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 9:22 PM
  • Yes GPS Sample in the Windows Mobile SDK ?

I am running th Igo8 at the same device. I will try tomorrow. Now time is 00:26 in Türkiye...
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 9:26 PM
  • I tried the GPSSample of Windows Mobile 6.0 SDK. But it doesn't take any GPS information. But if run igo8 it takes immediately. My device is Asus P535. What is the problem I don't understand so I didn't change the code of sample.

Can you help me ?
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:36 PM
  • Please help me I asked before. GPS Intermediate Driver is not working on my P535 device. What can I do for this ? Normally that sample works on emulator with Fake GPS... Bur it doen't work on my device...
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 6:33 PM
  • Kemal Serkan Bey , i have same device and problem :) Please contact me ....

mahony_99@hotmail.com mail ?

Friday, November 26, 2010 11:55 AM