Is it permitted to use iOS/iPad UX for a Windows Store App?

Question

• Hello,

We have a mobile application that we are developing.  An iPad version already exists and I have been bringing it to Windows.  Right now, we're trying to see if a Windows Store App (8.1) is suitable.  There is a strong desire on the company side to maintain the existing user experience across all platforms.  The iPad version looks like a typical iPad app, with the top toolbar, bottom tab control, and a master-detail pattern with drill-down tree navigation.

If I kept the existing iPad user experience on a Windows device, would that pass certification?  Would that be allowed?  Is that even a good idea?

I think it would be better as a Metro design actually, and I know that that would ideally be more appropriate, but the changes I would have to make would seriously break the user experience consistency across all platforms, desired by management.  Especially where the deep master-detail tree pattern is concerned.  I don't mind doing that, but I'm concerned how it would affect our users & the product (plan).

Thank you

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:24 PM

Answers

• yes the UX guideliness are not part of the certification process

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:50 PM