MDS 2012 - Notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I'm hoping you'll be able to help

We are currently just starting to set up MDS 2012, and we are currently in the process of setting up notifications.

From what I can see notifications occur for the following two events:

• A business rule validation fails
    • A model version status changes

Also that notification email addresses must be associated with an existing user who has at the least read only access to the attribute.

Our MDS users are hoping to expand notifications so that notifications are sent e.g. when an attribute has been reviewed, etc

Also they would like to be able to send the notifications to a specified mailbox, and we would like to do this without having to create dummy users who have the mailbox as their email address.

From my research I suspect that the only way we could accomplish these two objectives is by creating custom workflows.
    So I was wondering if you could tell me, if custom workflows is the only way I can do this and if it is are there any resources online that has samples that I can doctor to fit our needs

Thanks in advance

Brian

Monday, May 14, 2012 1:01 PM

Answers

• You are right about the workflow piece.  That would be the most optimal way to do what you need to do.  The interwebs seem a little light on examples.  Here, of course, is the link to the MSDN info.   Good luck.
    • Marked as answer by Bawedy Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:08 AM
    Monday, May 14, 2012 8:23 PM

All replies

• You are right about the workflow piece.  That would be the most optimal way to do what you need to do.  The interwebs seem a little light on examples.  Here, of course, is the link to the MSDN info.   Good luck.
    • Marked as answer by Bawedy Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:08 AM
    Monday, May 14, 2012 8:23 PM
  • Hi

Thanks very much for your response.

Custom workflows it is then.

Much appreciated :-)

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Hi Brian,

If I want to get notification when A business rule validation fails in MDS 2012, is it able to get it done without specifying a custom workflow? Thank you.

Thanks,

Amy

Monday, May 15, 2017 5:41 AM