A strange website bug RRS feed

• Question

• User-1422203677 posted

I have an asp.net website, which I work on from home.  One day, I worked on it with a library computer, (the library was 40 miles from my home) and several pages crashed.  But they crashed with server errors, not with browser errors.  So I asked my web provider if websites could be redirected by hackers, and they said yes, but I did not quite see why one computer (at home) would work, and another in another town would not work. 

Recently, we had a friend in another state of the U.S. test our website.  He gave all sorts of advice, but complained that his laptop crashed 40 times while using our site.  I started reading his advice, and I realized that he was complaining about features that we had removed half a year ago, and he was mentioning in passing GUI features (such as GO buttons) that we had removed even before that.

And he did this test last week, not six months ago.

So I reported all this to a colleague, and my colleague asked me this: - suppose this person had been told about our website a year ago, and had viewed it, and then forgotten that he viewed it, would pages be cached in his browser, so he would see an super-old version of our website?

Otherwise we have a super-security problem.

Thanks

G

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:13 PM

Answers

• User-734925760 posted

Hi,

So far as I know, you can't cache a user account for long time, I think you can try to set a tim to every user account. After pass the time span, the cache will be relaease.

Hope it's useful for you.

Best Regards,

Michelle Ge

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2015 1:32 AM