none
Disable Live Dependency Validation in Visual Studio 2017 for some projects in my solution

Question

• I have an existing solution with one modelling project including an layerdiagram. I always loved that feature. I started using VS 2017 and I'm not happy with the changes that VS is now doing in my proj-files. Some projects are used in different solutions and so I want to disable the dependency validation for those projects. Is there a place I can do those changes. What is the concept for projects that are included in different solution? I couldn't find much documentation is there some that is showing more details then the regular new feature of VS blog Posts?
    Monday, March 13, 2017 7:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Uli F,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, please have a look at this: Live Dependency Validation in Visual Studio 2017 and you can watch the video that recorded about Live Dependency Validation and it also provide the detail information about the differences between Layer validation in Visual Studio 2010-2015 and the live dependency experience in Visual Studio 2017.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:19 AM
  • Thank you Sara for your Reply!

Have you found any answers to my questions in the video or in the blog post? I could not find answers to my main questions. What is the concept for projects that are included in different solution? Is there an option were i can control the Dependency Validation in detail per project?

Best regards,

Uli

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:16 AM
  • Hi Uli,

Sorry for my misunderstand and thank you for your feedback. What's the project type of your solution?

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:56 AM
  • Hi Sara,

It's mainly DLLs (.Net Framework) and Unit-Test Projects in the solution. Except that its WPF, Console and one Modelling project.

Best regards,

Uli

Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:18 AM
  • Hi Uli,

Thank you for your update.

Refer to your description, this issue is more relates to the development issue of WPF. Since our forum is to discuss
    Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance
    Automation
    Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, please redirect to this appropriate forum:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=wpf to seek for a more professional support for your issue, and it can help you to quickly solve your issue. I'm so sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

If you have any other issue about the VS IDE, please feel free to let me know:)

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support

Friday, March 17, 2017 6:48 AM